The American Council Of The Blind of Oregon is composed of concerned Oregonians dedicated to helping Visually Impaired and Blind people in Oregon. The ACB of Oregon is the blind of Oregon helping the blind of Oregon.
PURPOSE from their constitution & bylaws: To provide opportunities for enrichment to blind and visually impaired individuals and their families.
- To promote the social, economic and cultural level of blind persons in general.
- By improving educational and rehabilitation problems.
- To take an active interest in affairs of the community and in the welfare of other handicapped groups.
- To strive at all times to create a wholesome and realistic image of visually impaired groups.
- To discover, study, promote and develop social educational and economic opportunities for persons who are blind or whose visual impairment is such as to constitute a major handicap in making an adequate adjustment to their environment.
- To support the aims and objectives of the American Council of the Blind.
- To do all that is necessary and proper to carry out any and all of the foregoing purposes in accordance with these bylaws, the established principles and the practices of the American Council of the Blind of Oregon, and the laws of the state of Oregon appertaining thereto.
Contact ACB Oregon by phone at: (888)209-2818